All students will acquire the knowledge and skills of what is most essential to become individuals who possess health and physical literacy and pursue a life of wellness. They develop the habits necessary to live healthy, productive lives that positively impact their families, schools and communities.
A quality comprehensive health and physical education program fosters a population that:
- Maintains mental health awareness and relies on social/emotional support systems;
- Engages in a physically active lifestyle;
- Maintains awareness of health and wellness and how to access resources;
- Recognizes the influence of media, peers, technology, and cultural norms in making informed health-related decisions as a consumer of health products and wellness services;
- Practices effective cross-cultural communication and conflict resolution skills;
- Builds and maintains healthy relationships;
- Accepts and respects individual and cultural differences; and
- Advocates for personal, family, community, and global wellness and is aware of local, national and global public health and climate change.